Saturday, May 7, 2011

This is a great watch if you have the time!

Ok this is a bit long I realize but the full version I think gives the best look at what he's exposing. Derren Brown; has made a name for himself in the UK, he's an illusionist/mentalist, and also a sceptic-type whistle blower. Takes an ordinary man and trains him in the so called art of "faith healing." 



Now I find that most people are skeptical of faith healers in general but there is a reason why it remains a multi million dollar industry every year, because there are people out there that need and want genuine hope. Brown does (I think) an excellent job in showing both simply and scientifically the methods of these con artist praying on people asking for help. I do wish his finale performance had a higher turnout, but I respect their decision to take a hit on the numbers to protect both the goal of the project and also protect people that didn't know the ruse. Well done Derren Brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment