Saturday, October 17, 2009

So do you ever have those days when you wonder if you ever accomplish anything. whether anything you do ever accomplishes anything. If your even making a difference for the people around you?? cause I have those days more often than not really. So last week was my 26th birth day. And it just kinda came and went, nothing special. I had to work actually; so my day was 13 really cold hours outside in the snow (it was a slow day at work too) so my birthday seamed like no big deal. On one hand I'm kinda ok with that. In allot of ways I don't like getting older, I don't like packing up another year of life and moving into the next. I don't like feeling like the old goat among all of my friends. Some times I wish nobody knew when it was and I could just slide under peoples radars. but thats solid insecurities and I know that. But of course at the same time, its still your birth day and you still like feeling appreciated and loved by the people that mean the most to you. My friends made me cry (dorks). You see they got together and made a video with some of the most loved people in my life, sending me greetings, saying HI!!!, being redicilous, and a few being mushy (and yeah i liked that too ;) For a birthday that wasn't a milestone, and one that I could have just assumed passed by unnoticed, they gave me one of the greatest  gifts I've ever received. It was more than just appreciation, it was different than just communicating love. It was very personal, it was humbling... it was great. it was neat to see that I've been a part of so many lives and meant something to them. It was a great gift. Probably the best i've ever received...and now I'm tired and going to bed cause I said what I wanted to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment