Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm disappointed in Christians... this is nothing new. If you look out at Christendom you see allot of movement, allot of busyness, but what's the point? With all of this activity we lack unity, community, and are massively lacking on impacting the world we live in. We've locked ourselves in the church. I see allot of pretty looking churches out there that say allot of good things... but thats where everything ends, it never seams to go past that. Thats as far as Christians seam to be willing to go. The Churches that seam to have the ability to do anything are usually shallow in their doctrine, and the churches that are deep in their doctrine are shallow as people. The few places that I've seen even try and do both usually spend half of their time just trying to keep their wheels off the ground. I don't get this. it doesn't make sense to me. I know that we are foreign to the world we exist in, but don't we supersede it? A lot of my friends are doing internships, trying to learn from Godly leaders so that my generation can grab the baton and continue the race. Yet of all the friends that are out their trying to do this with their lives, not a one of them that I have talked to is learning or growing where they are; in fact everyone of them is disappointed and just ready to be done with it. Its all been a pointless endeavor just to say that it happened. I'm not so upset now that I'm not doing one... course that doesn't' mean that I don't want exactly what they were attempting to accomplish though. In fact I very much want that, I want to spend time maturing under a Godly mentor that will grow me as a leader, and help me grow to have a greater affect for the Gospel. But its just not there... If you know where to find it I'd like to know, cause I 'v been looking for a while now. I'm to the point that I'm in essence throwing up my hands and saying "fine... I'll just do it myself" I may trip over my own clumsy feet, but I'll probably get farther than I would with [your] help. I realize that this is a total vent session, but that doesn't mean that the issue doesn't exist. All I need is momentum, get a ball rolling, and let the tripping begin...bring it! I'll do what I can with what I have if you wont help!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment